DESKTOP PUBLISHING with Microsoft Publisher
Learn how to create brochures, newsletters, websites, catalogues, flyers, signs, postcards, invitations, greetings & business cards, letterheads, business forms, banners, envelopes, calendars, certificates and menus.
Candidates who complete this course will be able to:
- Design, plan and prepare appropriate publication documents to meet identified needs
- Critique the layout of printed publications, considering design, style and harmony
- Understand the principles of preparing publications and apply these in the documents
- Acquire technological skills and key tips to use text and graphic images on an electronic page and reproduce them as a printed page
- Identify what publications are required in the workplace/organisation
If you wish to gain knowledge of Desktop Publishing this course is suitable for you. We use Microsoft Publisher which is part of the Microsoft Office suite and contains layouts and templates to make it easy for you to produce professional-looking publications.
- Identifying Publication Needs & planning publications
- Considerations in the design and structure of publications,
- Do’s & Don’ts of Desktop Publishing
- Different Techniques
- Importing text and graphic images
- Using templates and creating your own
- Modifying and editing graphics and text
- Professional Document layout
- Proof reading and previewing
- Production of multi-page documents
- Master all the techniques to produce Letterheads, Brochures, Posters Newsletters, etc.
This workshop is ideal for anyone working in an organisation that may need to create publications or documents for printing and distribution.
Also it is suitable for someone starting out in publishing who want to work with Graphics and Design Publishing or someone who requires additional skills in Marketing for their own job. From design briefing to printing, attendees will learn different procedures using a desktop publishing system.
You must have good working Knowledge of Word Processing, Internet & Email. You may bring your own Laptop if you prefer. But you will need to have Microsoft Publisher installed - we are currently using Microsoft Office 2016 version for the class.
There are no events in the selected category