First Aid Responder
This First Aid Response Course will produce highly confident First Aiders with the skills and knowledge to provide care until arrival of emergency services. The course is focused on practical skills and scenario training, this is backed up with the theory sessions to provide the solid foundation of knowledge and understanding.
The First Aid Responder course is aimed at those persons within an organisation with responsibility for first response, first aid treatment in the workplace. The course modules meet all the requirements of the current Health & Safety Standards and requirements for employee training.
On completion of the First Aid Responder course participants will have the skills to:
- deal with life threatening or potentially life threatening conditions in the pre-hospital environment until arrival of emergency medical services.
- provide First Aid Response for conditions not thought to be life-threatening but are necessary to prevent further harm before the emergency medical services arrive.
- provide pre-hospital First Aid Response in a wide range of environments including home and recreational settings.
- display the requisite personal skills including composure, competence and self-confidence while understanding their limitations.
|- Incident management
- Cardiac emergencies
- Patient Assessment
- Injury management & Shock
- Care of Unconscious Patient
|- Burns & Electrical injuries
- Common Medical emergencies
- Adult C.P.R. & AED
- Infant C.P.R & AED
2 Year certification of Competence, from Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council recognised by Health & Safety Authority, following successful assessments.
- It is a replacement for Occupational First Aid
- It is Recognised by Health & Safety Authority from 1st November 2016
- It Meets all the requirements of the current Health & Safety Standards and requirements for employee training.
- It Develops a preventative approach to accidents and incidents within the workplace.
There are no events in the selected category